There are countless bike tours starting right from the bike hotel Dornauhof in Finkenberg, taking you into the Zillertal mountains, through wildly romantic valleys, up to rocky peaks, and across Alpine mountain pastures. The mountain biking and cycling routes here cater for every ability. It is the ideal base for fabulous mountain biking holidays in the Zillertal Valley, Tyrol.
The Zillertal Valley not only gives mountain bikers and cyclists breathtaking natural scenery, but also has an excellently developed network of routes, from very leisurely family tours, to single trails, and to speedy downhills; the Zillertal Valley has everything to excite any biker. It is hardly surprising that the Zillertal has been recognised as a top mountain biking region by Bike Magazin.
What you can expect from biking in the Zillertal Valley:
- 800 km of cycling and biking routes
- Single trails for freeriders
- 30 km Zillertalradweg cycle path along the base of the valley for leisure bikers and families
- Highlight for racing bikers and expert cyclists: the Zillertaler Höhenstraße high Alpine road and the Gerlos Passtraße mountain pass road, both demanding routes (numerous peaks along the route, steep climbs, and serpentine bends)
- 8 lifts operating and offering mountain bike transport in the summer
Detailed infos about lifts operating can be found here »
- Free bike transport with the Zillertalbahn lift
Stefan, the junior manager, is a qualified bike guide and riding technique trainer, and will accompany you through this top mountain biking area in Tyrol. Find out with him not only about technical tips about mountain biking and tips about the nicest bike tours in the Zillertal region, but also the best places to visit for refreshment, and the places where you will get the best sense of achievement at conquering a summit.
What can mountain bikers and free riders expect from the biking in the Zillertal Valley? Here is a short overview of the facts:
- 214 km of blue mountain biking routes
- 274 km of red mountain biking routes
- 336 km of black mountain biking routes
- Countless single trails
Make use of the interactive biking and cycling map to help you with your bike tour planning.
For more information about mountain bike hire, bike transport etc., please visit the page "biking and cycling in the Zillertal Valley"
Whether you are looking for mountain bike hire, a workshop, equipment, or guided tours, the "Radsportstation" in Mayrhofen is the place we recommend for advice when it comes to mountain biking.